The Babers Nabers

Robyn, Holly, and Mikey. They are good kids. This is their story.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Burfday Deetails

So my baby turned five! FIVE!
She had a ballet themed party with the flock of five year-olds in the neighborhood and her cousins. I made her tutu and hair roses; she even let me put her hair into a bun. When the girls arrived they danced a bit, then came into the kitchen/beauty salon to get their glitter powder and nails done. Then they decorated some ballet coloring pages- okay, so "decorative feathers" and glue sticks were not the best idea. We had a little dance class after that, and then came the improvisational ballet performance. The little ladies played the Fairy Princesses who needed the save the Fairy Queen, who had been rendered dead by the Evil Fairy. So the ballerinas did a tippy-toe weepy dance over hear death, then they put their wands on their heads to think up a plan, and the plan was to do a Happy Dance around the Queen, who then came alive. Cake eating ensued after.
When the party was over, the little lassies got down to the very serious task of bike riding, in tutus and tiaras. The entire party was so innocent and sweet it hurt.
Robyn's birthday wish was to fly a kite. She has asked to do this for three consecutive birthdays. She finally got her kite and a windy evening to boot. Rob got the butterfly kite up (Target only had Star Wards kites, so he rushed to Wal-Mart after work) and then Robyn ran across the field, skipping and singing as she flew her kite. When Rob was trying to get the kite going, she kept dancing around it saying "Shoo fly, shoo!" in a high, fairy-like voice.
I could have the ages of children I have now, forever. I feel like I get the best of everything- one who learns and is gaining a ton of skills, one who is beginning to learn and is still a small child, and ababy who snuggles, giggles and has the cutest feet ever.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Karyn said…

    I love it. I just might steal your idea =)

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Marnie said…

    FIVE! Crazy isn't it? Chloe would have loved to be there to help save the princess and get all pretty.
    We miss you guys.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Leian Felton said…

    You are so right! Cherish these days, they last only moments. I promise, the moments to come will be just as fantastical just different! I LOVE YOU!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home